Tuition & Tuition Policies
Pre-Ballet and Primary tuition is due in-full September 1st (fall semester) and January 1st (winter/spring semester).
Oakland Ballet School’s academic year runs September through June. Students in our Youth Program are expected to be enrolled for the full year, unless withdrawn from the program in writing. Tuition for Youth Classes, Levels 1-5, is due per the following schedule:
- Fall Semester: 9/1 & 10/1
- Winter/Spring Semester: 1/1, 2/1, & 4/1
Tuition payments, payable to Oakland Ballet School, can be mailed to:
Oakland Ballet School, 2968 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94602
If you would like to pay in person, please deposit payment in the black tuition box located on the left hand side just as you enter the studio. Credit cards are not accepted at this time.
2018/2019 TUITION SCHEDULE — PRE-BALLET/PRIMARY & YOUTH CLASSES
Pre-Ballet & Primary
Fall session $280 (September through December)
Winter/Spring session $420 (January through June)
Fall session – 2 payments due: Sept. 1, Oct. 1
Winter/Spring session – 3 payments due: Jan. 1, Feb. 1, April 1
Payments cover two months of tuition
Level 1A $154
Level 1B $260
Level 2 $280
Level 3 $360
Level 3B $387
Level 4 $425
Level 5 $459
- Please note the above due dates for tuition.
- Payments received after the 10th of the month will be assessed a $10 late fee.
- Returned checks are subject to a fee of $25 per occurrence.
- Students whose tuition falls more than one month in arrears will be asked to discontinue classes until their balance is paid in full. Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Tuition cannot be changed month-to-month. Federal holiday and school closures do not alter monthly tuition. Tuition may not be reduced due to family vacation or other activities. (See Make-up and Withdrawal policy below)
OBS offers a sibling discount for families who have more than one child enrolled. A 10% discount will be applied to the sibling of equal or lower tuition.
Youth Drop-in Classes
Please call (510) 530-7516 for more information.
We encourage students to make up missed classes. Classes missed can be made up within a 30 day period. Students may take make-up classes at or below their class level. Tuition paid during the month of missed classes may not be transferred to the following month. Make-up classes can be taken only in addition to one’s regular schedule of classes.
Oakland Ballet School’s academic year runs September through June: Fall term September–December, Spring term January-June. Parents are responsible for the full year’s tuition unless the student is withdrawn in writing. We kindly ask for a 30 day advance notice if a student must drop a class or the program. Please request a drop form as needed.
The Oakland Ballet School does not make refunds. Classes missed can be made up within a 30-day period.
Updated August 2018