2023-2024 Tuition Rates
Annual Registration Fee
– $35 first student. $25 per sibling.
– Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Registration Fees are due once per academic year (not per session).
Pre-Ballet and Primary Program
Fall Session (September-December) & Winter/Spring (January-May).
- Tuition is due in-full upon registration for each session.
- Families requesting an alternate payment plan must contact the school to make arrangements prior to their first class.
- After the first month of the session, tuition will be pro-rated weekly.
Pre-Ballet & Primary Tuition Rates
Fall Session: $320
Winter/Spring Session: $400
- Tuition is due the 1st of the month.
- Any alternate payment schedules must be agreed upon prior to the first of the month.
- Tuition for June will be pro-rated and included with the month of February.
Youth Class Tuition Rates
Level 1A $88 / month
Level 1B $170 / month
Level 2A/B $180 / month
Level 3A/B $288 / month
Level 3+ $320 / month
Level 4 $360 / month
Level 5 $400 / month
Level 6 $420 / month
- OBS accepts check and credit card payments for fees. For other payment methods, please contact the school (510)530-7516.
- ALL accounts are required to have a valid and current credit card on file, regardless of intent to submit payment via an alternate method.
- The Primary Card on account must be authorized for OBS to charge for fees, including Tuition, Registration Fees, & Performances Fees.
- If payment is not received by the 6th of the month, on the 7th of the month OBS will charge the primary credit card submitted upon registration.
- Declined credit cards or late payments received after the 7th of the month will be assessed a $15 late fee.
- Declined cards, for any reason, must be updated or replaced by the 15 of the month. If the Primary Card on file is declined a second time, an additional $10 fee will be added.
- Returned checks are subject to a fee of $25 per occurrence.
- Students whose tuition falls more than one month in arrears will be asked to discontinue classes until their balance is paid in full.
- Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Tuition cannot be changed month-to-month.
- Federal holiday and school closures do not alter monthly tuition. Tuition will not be reduced due to family vacation or other activities.
OBS offers a sibling discount for families who have more than one child enrolled. A 10% discount will be applied to the sibling of equal or lower tuition.
We offer private and semi-private lessons. Please call (510) 530-7516 or email email@example.com for more information.
OBS encourages students to make up missed classes. Classes missed can be made up within a 30 day period. Students may take make-up classes at or below their class level. Tuition paid during the month of missed classes may not be transferred to the following month.
Attendance & Withdrawal Policy
Consistent attendance is imperative. Missing classes disrupts and slows your child’s progression through the curriculum.
We encourage students to make up missed classes. Classes missed can be made up within a 30-day period. Students may take make-up classes at or below their class level. OBS does not prorate for missed classes. Please contact the school to schedule make-up classes.
– Pre-Ballet & Primary students have up to three classes to decide if they would like to withdraw from the program. Tuition will be refunded, minus the prorated fees for classes taken. After three classes, OBS will not offer a refund of tuition. Registration fees are non-refundable.
– Youth Program students in Levels 1A-6 are enrolled for the academic year, September through mid-June. Please note that enrollment in our Youth Program does not end in December. OBS requires a 30-day formal written notice of withdrawal for all students in our Youth Program. Accounts will continue to be billed for the 30-day period immediately following the received written notice of withdrawal. “No shows” will continue to be billed until we receive your written notice of withdrawal.
Youth Drop-in Classes
Call (510) 530-7516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Oakland Ballet School does not make refunds. Classes missed can be made up within a 30-day period.
Updated August 2023