Tuition & Tuition Policies
Annual Registration Fee: $35 first student. $25 per sibling.
– Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Registration Fees are due once per academic year (not per session).
Pre-Ballet and Primary Program
Pre-Ballet & Primary levels are divided into two sessions –
Fall (August-December) & Winter/Spring (January-June)
– Tuition is due in full at the start of each session, or upon registration.
– Families requesting an alternate payment plan must contact the school to make arrangements prior to their first class.
– After the first month of the session, tuition will be pro-rated weekly.
OBS’s Youth Program academic year runs August 26, 2019-June 13, 2020.
– Tuition is listed below by level, and is posted in five equal payments, due per the following schedule:
- Fall Semester: August 26 (or upon registration), October 1
- Winter/Spring Semester: January 1, February 1, April 1
2019/2020 Tuition Schedule
Pre-Ballet & Primary
Fall Session (August 26 – December 14) $300 / $292 (discount, check)
Winter/Spring Session (January 6- June 13) $450 / $438 (discount, check)
Fall session (Aug 26 – Dec 14) – 2 payments due: August 26, October 1
Winter/Spring session (Jan 6 – June 13) – 3 payments due: Jan 1, Feb 1, Apr 1
Tuition payments Tuition payments
via Credit Card via Check, Discount
Level 1A $172 $166
Level 1B $288 $280
Level 2 $310 $300
Level 3A $446 $432
Level 3B $478 $464
Level 4A $526 $510
Level 4B $588 $570
Level 5 $588 $570
- Please note the above due dates for tuition.
- Payments received after the 10th of the month will be assessed a $10 late fee.
- Returned checks are subject to a fee of $25 per occurrence.
- If your credit card on file does not go through, a $15 fee will be posted to your account. You will have five business days to update your information and pay in full, after which, the $10 late fee will posted to your account.
- Students whose tuition falls more than one month in arrears will be asked to discontinue classes until their balance is paid in full.
- Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Tuition cannot be changed month-to-month.
- Federal holiday and school closures do not alter monthly tuition. Tuition may not be reduced due to family vacation or other activities.
OBS offers a sibling discount for families who have more than one child enrolled. A 10% discount will be applied to the sibling of equal or lower tuition.
Youth Drop-in Classes
Please call (510) 530-7516 for more information.
We encourage students to make up missed classes. Classes missed can be made up within a 30 day period. Students may take make-up classes at or below their class level. Tuition paid during the month of missed classes may not be transferred to the following month. Make-up classes can be taken only in addition to one’s regular schedule of classes.
Attendance & Withdrawal Policy
Consistent attendance is imperative. Missing classes disrupts and slows your child’s progression through the curriculum.
We encourage students to make up missed classes. Classes missed can be made up within a 30 day period. Students may take make-up classes at or below their class level. OBS does not prorate for missed classes. Please contact the school to schedule make-up classes.
– Pre-Ballet & Primary students have up to three classes to decide if he/she would like to withdraw from the program. Tuition will be refunded, minus the prorated fees for classes taken. After three classes, OBS will not offer a refund of tuition.
– OBS requires a 30-day formal written notice of withdrawal for all students in our Youth Program. Accounts will be billed for classes until the day a withdrawal form is completed and received by the office. There will be no refund for classes taken.
The Oakland Ballet School does not make refunds. Classes missed can be made up within a 30-day period.
Updated August 2019