The Oakland Ballet School offers adult classes for those interested in trying ballet for the very first time to the advanced dancer looking to continue their study and enjoyment of dance. Drop-in classes allow for flexibility in ones schedule while our adult sessions progress technique, vocabulary, and movement through 6-week courses.
Adult drop-in classes are currently on hold. Please contact the school for further information.
Adult Introduction to Ballet
It’s never too late for adults to learn ballet! Our 6-week Intro I course is perfect for the absolute beginner and those with previous experience who wish to refresh their ballet vocabulary and technique. Class will include warm up, barre work, center work and basic combinations across the floor. Instruction will progress and build on material from the previous week.
Introduction to Ballet I with Hayley Bowman
- Sunday 9:30-11:00am – new session begins February 9, 2020!
- 6 week course | February 9 – March 15
- Cost: $108
Fees are due in-full prior to the start of the session. Drop-in classes are not recommended. Please inquire at the front desk. Session must meet the minimum number of students to be held.
- Complete the ADULT INTRO TO BALLET 6-WEEK COURSE REGISTRATION FORM and waiver.
- Submit the completed form and fees, cash or check, prior to the start of class. Oakland Ballet School – 3966 Piedmont Ave. Oakland, CA 94611
Adult Drop-In Classes
The emphasis in these classes is on the enjoyment of movement, proper alignment, increased strength, and building an appreciation of dance. Classes begin with floor-barre exercises, which are designed to work on core strength, turn-out, and flexibility, followed by traditional barre and center work. Classes are on-going. Students may join at any time!
Beginning – Recommended for students who have taken an introductory course or who have had at least six months of previous ballet experience. Not best for the absolute beginner.
Beginning-Intermediate – This class is ideal for dancers who have had two or more years of ballet experience. Steps are combined to form more complex combinations both in the center and across the floor.
Open Advanced – This combined youth and adult class is ideal for the dancer who studied ballet throughout their youth or extensively as an adult. It is a challenging yet fun class that has increased emphasis on turns and jumps.
All adult drop-in classes are currently on hold. Please contact the school for further information.
Drop-In Class Schedule
7:45pm-9:15pm – Beginning-Intermediate Ballet
7:30pm-9:00pm – Beginning Ballet
1:00pm-2:30pm – Open Youth & Adult Advanced Ballet
- Drop-in classes: $17/class
- 4 – class pass: $66
- 8 – class pass: $128
- Drop-in payments are due before class.
- Credit Cards are not accepted at this time.
- Returned checks are subject to a fee of $25 per occurrence.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Private lessons are available. Please inquire for details.
The adult program has no specific dress code. Dancers may wear ballet attire or any comfortable exercise attire. Form fitting clothing that is easy to move and stretch in is recommended. Ballet shoes are required.
Registration procedures for adult drop-in classes:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your first class to complete the adult registration form and waiver.
- Submit the above with class payment. Please contact us if you have any questions.